Monday, April 27, 2009

perfect in weakness

This past week has been somewhat difficult for me. There has been multiple times that I was left feeling vulnerable and in doubt of myself.
See, I decided to let people see some of the "inside" of me.
Some of my heart.
Some of my pains.
Some of my burdens.
Some of my weaknesses....
Some of my mess.
As I was talking to a friend that was feeling the same way, I realized, there is nothing wrong with feeling vulnerable. Isn't that showing humility? Isn't that being truthful? Isn't that showing who God made us to be?
"But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness
. Therefore I will boast all
the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on
me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults,
in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I
am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-11)
I have always said, be yourself. Don't adjust yourself to please someone else. Don't be fake. Be real. Be true to who you are. You have a greater purpose. A plan, that God Himself has laid out for you. And whether you want it to or not, it involves your mess.

No comments: