Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Be still and know that I am God"

These past few months have been hard ones for my family. With the ecomony on the downward spiral Jason's job hasn't been very secure. He works for a very small company, that was just starting out when the economy started taking a fall.
Last Monday he went into work to find out the buisness was closing it's doors.
I remembered when Jason had lost his job at Vestcor due to down sizing. This was back when we were dating and only had ourselves to worry about. I quickly remembered how scared I was then. Why? I wonder now.
Amazingly, this time around with a house payment we can barely afford, 2 kids, 3 pets...we didn't get scared. There were moments where Jason became a little worried. But we just had to remind ourselves that God was in control. To have Faith in Him. To trust that He would take care of us. Something we read to remind us is this little card I have that says, "When Jesus is all we have, we realize He's all we need."
I asked Jason what was important to him. Was the house important to him? He answered that the kids and I was what is important to him. So I just told him, "well...we aren't going anywhere. Sure we might lose this house and the down payment. Yes that would be crappy but a house and money isn't everything. God has a path for us that we might not be able to see right now. We might be going through this time in our lives because we were too comfortable and God wants us to move on. Anyway it happens He will provide what we need. It might not all be what we want, but it is all part of our journey for Him. Trials help us learn, to open our hearts and let down our walls of pride and to let God use us to share Him with others." Through amazing prayer from so many people (that we are ever so grateful) Jason has his job back. The economy is still unstable so everything isn't in the clear but out of this whole time, there was an amazing sense of calm. I know that is a God thing.

No comments: